Student accommodation at Kingston

International student accommodation

Finding the right place to live is an important part of settling in, especially as an international student. At Kingston, we offer a variety of options to suit your needs.

Accommodation options

At Kingston University, you can choose to:

  • Apply to live in halls of residence, where you'll have your own furnished bedroom in a University-owned flat shared with other students
  • Live independently in a privately rented flat or house share

Why live in university-managed accommodation?

Staying in university accommodation, you will benefit from living nearby to your classes. Living with other students makes it easy to meet people and make friends. Furniture is provided and your safety is a priority, with security provided 24/7. 

Kingston's halls include

  • Single en-suite study bedrooms arranged in flats in modern halls
  • Self-catered plans with shared kitchens and on-site launderette facilities
  • Free internet access
  • On-site management with 24-hour security
  • Designated flats for mature and postgraduate students
  • Adapted accommodation for students with disabilities

How much will my accommodation cost?

Prices range for a single room and studio flats . See below for up-to-date details of accommodation prices - costs include heating, lighting and hot water.

Residence Room type Cost per week*
Clayhill En-suite  £148
Middle Mill Standard room £151
Penrhyn Road En-suite or Studio £202 - £349
Seething Wells En-suite £132 - £153
Walkden Hall Superior en-suite £169

*All accommodation is subject to availability. The cost shown is intended as a guideline and subject to change. The cost of your room will be confirmed in your tenancy agreement.

Please note: these are the accommodation costs for the 2020/21 academic year. 

Look out for fraud

Scammers may specifically target international students so it is important to be able to recognise common signs of fraudulent activity and know what to do if you come across it. Let us know at if you have any concerns about fraudulent activity when dealing with a private accommodation provider so that we can help to protect you and other international students in case they are targeted in the same way.

How to book

Once it is confirmed that you can return to on-campus learning, and if you have requested accommodation, the Central Student Support team will contact you with the latest information on available options and fees.

Renting privately

You may prefer to live independently in the local area, rather than in the University's halls of residence. With a good range of properties on offer, you can easily find a flat or house that suits you.

Private accommodation offers more choice and flexibility. You can:

  • Live near your campus in Kingston, Central London or elsewhere
  • Choose who to share your flat or house with
  • Pay your rent monthly

The University and International Study Centre offer support to help find your flatmates and look for your new home.

Arranging your own accommodation privately

If you are booking your own accommodation privately it is important that you let us know where you are staying.

Accommodation Commitment

You are guaranteed accommodation for our Autumn intakes as long as you have received your confirmation letter from our admissions team by Midday on July 30th and applied using the instructions provided within your confirmation letter by Midday on August 2nd.

Arrange your room

If you require support in sourcing accommodation, please contact our Kingston ISC Central Student Support Team to enquire about our currently available accommodation options.


Ma, a student at Kingston International Study Centre

“I have made many friends on the programme and we often take turns hosting dinner parties for each other. I really enjoy cooking and can get all the ingredients I need locally.”

Ma Xiaohan, China
International Year One in Business and Management
Progressed to BSc (Hons) Financial and Business Economics

Find out more about starting your studies or check the latest COVID-19 information.