Pre-Masters in Business and Management
The Pre-Masters Programme is a two-term programme of academic, study skills and English language training designed specifically to prepare international students for masters-level study.
On the Pre-Masters Programme, you will:
- Use a range of academic and learning skills
- Adapt to your new cultural and academic environment
- Enhance your understanding of your subject
- Develop your ability to use English in an academic environment
Your development will be assessed regularly throughout the programme. This will ensure you achieve the standard required for progression onto your chosen postgraduate degree. Assessments include:
- Unseen written examinations
- Individual and group presentations
- Extended essays and case studies.
Once you complete the Pre-Masters Programme and achieve the required grades, you can enter your chosen postgraduate degree at the University.
||Term 1: 09/01/2017 - 17/03/2017
Term 2: 03/04/2017 - 09/06/2017
English Language Preparation
If you need to improve your level of English language to enter the Pre-Masters Programme, additional English language training is available at the International Study Centre. Check the entry requirements to find out.
Depending on your Academic IELTS for UKVI*, you can join our one-term intensive English Language Preparation (ELP) course in September before starting your Pre-Masters in January or you can start in January prior to starting your academic year in April.
* If you do not need a Tier 4 visa, or are exempted in another way, we can accept equivalent proof of English.