Prepare for Success
Your online preparation course
Improve your academic knowledge, skills and readiness on our online preparation course - before you start your academic programme with us. The 1.5 week course is recommended, however if you need further support you can choose the 5-week course which offers more detail.
Count down to the start of your programme with our free preparation course
Prepare for Success is the start of your academic journey. Confirm your place with us and you'll benefit from online learning through a combination of self-study and daily live classes, including our popular enrichment programme.
Begin your studies with Prepare for Success to start adapting to the new educational system before you begin your academic programme. The course covers essential areas including: practical life skills, learning skills and computer skills. It is designed to give you the competitive edge to succeed in your academic programme.
5-week course: 15th August
1.5-week course: 15th September
1.5 or 5 weeks
Deadlines to confirm and pay advanced tuition fees:
5-week course: 11th August
1.5-week course: 12th September
What can you expect from the preparation course?
This specialist course is designed for international students and divided into various sessions, introducing you to everything you need to succeed.
You’ll benefit from:
- The opportunity to develop the computer skills that will improve your academic experience
- An introduction into CV writing and interview preparation
- Practical advice for the life of an international student
- A welcoming international community where you can meet fellow students
- A supportive space to practice and gain confidence in your English and to interact with other students
- Access to high-quality English language materials
Gain the competitive edge with exclusive content
You will complete a self-assessment at the start of each session. You will then use this to reflect on your progress during the course and identify areas for development. Key learning aims for each session are:
- Learning skills - develop confidence as a learner
- Life skills - practical information about living in the UK - health, accommodation, money, transport, food
- Basic computer skills for successful study and work, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Students are invited to join weekly workshops to develop essential employability skills – such as writing a CV and cover letter, how to answer a job advert, and how to prepare for a job interview.
You will receive a calendar outlining how to organise your time for each study session so you can make the most of this course. Study topics include:
- Preparing for life as an international student
- Looking to the future
- Developing intercultural skills
- Studying with us
Get involved with live masterclasses and clubs as part of our enrichment programme. We offer engaging live sessions in interest areas such as:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Safety & Security
- Career advice
You can also chat to your classmates about the course and enrichment classes using our online forums.
How to access the course
Getting started with your Prepare for Success course is easy. To access this course, all you need to do is confirm your place with us and begin paying towards your tuition fees.
1. Confirm your place
It’s important that you confirm your place on your programme in order to gain access to the preparation course.
2. Send payment
To secure your place, you will need to arrange a confirmation payment and pay £6,000* advance tuition fees as soon as possible so you can access this vital preparation.
3. Start studying
After you have confirmed your place and paid your fees, you can access a range of online learning sessions before beginning your programme. You will receive further instructions about how to access the course.
* Students from the following countries must pay £8,000 advance tuition fees: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Nepal and Nigeria. Please refer to your payment plan.